A brief overview of some of the patients and diseases we treat:Interventional Radiology is the therapeutic of treatment subspecialty of Diagnostic Radiology. Interventional Radiologists are fellowship trained specialists in minimally invasive procedures. Unlike traditional medical specialties that focus on a single organ system, Interventional Radiologists use medical imaging technologies of Radiology (ultrasound, fluoroscopy, CT, etc.) to guide a variety of procedures through tiny incisions in order to treat many different diseases in many different organ systems of the body. A benefit of our techniques is that procedures that would otherwise require large incisions and long recovery times can be performed with increased precision through smaller incisions. Our results are superior and recovery times are reduced.
Prostate artery embolization (PAE) is a minimally invasive endovascular treatment option for men with lower urinary tract symptoms resulting from Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH).
For women suffering with symptomatic uterine fibroids, we have an extremely experienced practice in Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE). Patients usually go home after an overnight stay.
- Precision CT guided biopsies of most organ systems.
- We provide expert fiducial marker placement prior to CyberKnife and radiation therapy.
- Precision percutaneous ablation (Cryo, RF, and microwave) for tumors of the lung, liver, and kidney.
- Targeted radioembolization (y90) and Chemoembolization for liver tumors.
An excellent minimally invasive option for patients with painful or disfiguring varicose veins of the legs.
- Vertebral body augmentation for patients with painful vertebral body fractures.
- Sacroplasty for patients with painful sacral fractures.
- Most patients have nearly immediate relief of their symptoms.
- Venous thrombectomy for patients with symptomatic blood clots in the legs.
- Rapid relief for painful swollen legs caused by acute blood clots of the legs that can help patient's avoid the long term problems that can result from clots.
Information for referring physicians
This link contains information for getting a procedure for your patient. We take great pride in our ability to provide fast access for clinic appointments and procedures. Our schedulers can be reached at 215-481-2071.
Information for patients
If you need to make an appointment with an Interventional Radiologist please call 215-481-2071 and leave your contact information. We will call you the next business day.
Forms and Guides
- General Information
- Discharge Forms
- Instructions for Patients